I'm watching today's Apple announcements… thought i'd blog about it.
I still don't have an Apple Watch, but Apple is making it very appealing! I was going to start smartWatchPlanet.com but never made it happen.
New iPad Pro – 12.9″ screen and same weight as original iPad 1
- new iPad chip sounds great – can't wait to see how fast it is. Desktop class performance? The charts are very impressive. The last iPad I owned was the iPad 2 and I just sold it on eBay. Wasn't using it much.
- faster than 80% of portable PCs shipped in the last 12 months
- iMovie can edit 3 streams of 4k video? Wow
- new classes of apps – Autocad running on an iPad?
- 10 hour battery life too? We'll see!
- 4 speaker audio too. Very interesting. 3x audio volume makes sense.
- Put a keyboard with it and maybe it would be killer… but wait, it sounds like he's talking about adding a keyboard… yes!
- Smart Keyboard! New connector technology! Power and data and magnetic.
- Oh Steve is rolling over – they've added a Pencil for the iPad! He said they'd not do that because the finger was perfect
- i had given up on my iPad 2 because it wasn't all that useful… but now a keyboard and a pencil? May be the perfect travel laptop!
- Artists should love this new pencil
- Microsoft on stage demoing with new iPad Pro… unnerving! LOL
- Adobe apps looking impressive as well
- Big question is where are you storing all these images?
- Ok, second big question is price!
- $799 with 32gb /$949 with 128gb / $1079 with 128gb and cellular access
- Pencil – $99 – keyboard $199 – way too expensive
- Available November
New Apple TV
- I'm very excited to see what they say here – I'm ready to ditch uVerse TV!
- Future of TV is apps Tim says
- Intro looks sexy 🙂
- The scrubbing in the demos is great – and the “what did she say” and turning on the subtitles briefly is awesome!
- Siri search and filtering also looks amazing
- Guess I won't be dropping netflix – no sign of amazon prime here
- Siri support looks great – swiping with remote and talking to siri seem pretty seamless
- Access to existing content
- new TVOS based on iOS – so many apps will work
- new apps from netflix and hbo etc
- games from iOS can play too – but will they charge us extra?
- Can do shopping too – new apps will let you do shopping and more
- But what about live TV? Or major channels?
- Full HD and 60fps for the video side.
- MLBTV can do multiple games
- Universal apps will play on iPhone and Apple TV
- remote can turn on tv and control volume – lightening connector for charging
- $149 w 32gb/$199 w 64gb
- tvOS available for developers today
- available late October
- iPhone of course is better than everything else – high stats
- how do you follow the iPhone 6? 🙂
- 3d touch – new touch system – peek and pop are added to the way you interact. Impressive but might not be enough to get me to upgrade
- the description of the technology behind force touch (3d) is very impressive. Detecting micro changes in the pressure on the screen
- Ok, more they demo this 3d touch, the more interesting it looks – time savings!
- The new processing in the chip is amazing – the game demo was very very busy and handles a lot of CPU processing
- iPhone 6s does have 4k video and 12mp still camera — more pixels but they've not added more until they were able to make the sensor very high quality.
- Clever to use the phone screen as a flash with the front facing camera
- New “live photos” — “entirely new technology” – don't some other phones do that?
- Still photos – not video – extend capture 1.5 seconds before and after – says it doesn't take a lot more space
- Live photos applied across all devices
- New Android app to help android users bring over their data 🙂
- new iPhone purchase program at $32/month = $384/year! That's not cheap just to be able to get a new phone every year.
- new iCloud pricing is 1/2 what it was
They're spending big bucks on getting superstars for the commercials – Apple has the money.
Apple has done some great things with their pricing – like giving updates for iOS and OS X away for free, but man, they could still lower some prices for things and still make a boatload of money. Keyboard for iPad at $199? really? Why not $99. The pencil should be $49 and they'd sell a ton.
Overall some great updates and I'll be excited to try out that new Apple TV 🙂
so, what do you think? Are you buying into any of these?
How have you dumped your current TV provider?